Donnerstag, 6. September 2007

6.9.2007 Here I go again


Two days ago I signed a work contract with our State authorities. The contract allows me to teach ten classroom hours of English at a local Highschool. The principal assigned me two seventh grade classes and today was my second day at work. I am so exited to be back "on stage" - the last two years righted the old pun that teachers don't die - they just lose their class. By not actively teaching any more I became aware of how I was slowly losing that part of me which previously had given me vital energy for all those years ( see photo ).

So now I am once again surrounded by eager learners. And my seventh graders have such sparkling eyes and clean approaches. Have you ever stopped at a red light when the motorcyclist in the other lane reved up his engine again and again in hurried anticipation of the lights to change from red to green?

It is wonderful to be a part of this reving-up dance once again - and I especially appreciate the giving and the taking aspects of it.The love you put in is returned the very same moment. My heart probably knew this secret from the first day I began my studies - my head,however, had to wait many years before the message finally sank in.Now on my new assignment I finally get to congruently use both:mein Herz und meinen Verstand - my heart and my mind.What a precious gift - received just at the right time.

Keine Kommentare: